Virgin Atlantic Reward Credit Card
The Virgin Atlantic Reward Credit Card allows cardholders to earn and spend rewards through Virgin Atlantic (Flying Club) as well as a mix of the company’s partners. Cardholders receive 0.75 Flying Club miles for every £1 spent on the card and 1.5 Flying Club miles for every £1 spent on the card with Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Holidays. The card’s balance transfer and money transfer offer help to differentiate it from rivals (though note the 3% transfer fee), while a 5,000-mile bonus reward offer for new customers could help to increase its relative appeal.
- 0.75 Flying Club miles for every £1 spent on the card
- 1.5 miles for every £1 spent with Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Holidays
- 5,000 bonus miles after completing one purchase within the first 90 days
- No annual fee
- After £20,000 in annual spend, option to choose an upgrade to Premium or get a Companion ticket
- No non-sterling transaction fee through 30 November 2019
- Representative rate: 22.9% APR (variable)
- Purchase rate: 22.9% p.a. (variable)
- Based on borrowing: £1,200
REQUIRED CREDIT SCORE: Good / Excellent.
WHAT WE LIKE
- All spend receives Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Miles.
- Flying Club Miles can be earned and redeemed at Virgin Atlantic partners.
- Cardholder will earn 5,000 Flying Club Miles on 1st use of the card within the first 90 days following the account opening.
WHAT COULD BE BETTER
- No foreign exchange fee which is currently 2.99%
- Calculate you spend to see if you would benefit more by paying the £160 annual fee for the Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Credit Card, as the rewards are greater for big spenders. Check the TCG review here.